1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Aw, nature cried on KC. ;)

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Rangers are Price's Kryptonite. They owned him in the 2010 and 2011 playoffs.

Banister pushed all the right buttons today, bringing in the sinkerballer Dyson to close instead of Tolleson. With Hamels going tomorrow and waiting in the wings for Game 5 if needed, (and Price going in Game 4), the Rangers are in great shape.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you think that is what you were told, then yes, you are confused.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No direct reply, but it apparently is recovering.

The water cooler is standing up for the rights of all water receptacles, regardless of size:

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

First they came for the bat racks, and I was silent, because I wasn't a bat rack ...

Then they came for the water fountains, and I was silent, because I wasn't a water fountain ...

Then they came for the bullpen phones, and I was silent, because I wasn't a bullpen phone ...

Then they came for the water coolers, and there was nobody left to speak for me.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Visiting team has won all 4 games thus far.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Royals picked a fine time to dispose of their hitting philosophy. Hey.....instead of playing small ball like last year, which got us to game 7 of the fucking World Series, let's try and hit everything to I-70.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, it worked twice!

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Where would you have liked them play "small ball" in this game?

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actually, the Royals hit a ton of home runs — including 4 in extra-innings — in last year's postseason. They got to Game 7 of the World Series because Mike Moustakas and Eric Hosmer (among others) finally started hitting like KC had always hoped they would.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Dick Whitman and JC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted