1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Helpful Honda Dealers ads annoy me. Why would I buy a Honda just because they paid for some girl's cheer camp or bought diapers for a new mom?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I have generally liked the Geico "It's what you do" commercials, but the krakens/golf commercial is just too over-the-top.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think someone referenced it on the Commercials You Like thread here. HATE it!

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I do like the "I don't think that's going to be enough club" line.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Its only redeeming value.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No, fuck you K-Mart. There will be no Christmas ads on Oct. 8! Yes, it is ridiculous to be thinking about lay-away before Halloween. So stop, just stop.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Reading Tweets in a commercial is lazy; reading Tweets about McDonald's all day breakfast is doubly so.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

That was me. But if I saw it in constant rotation I'm guessing I would get tired of it pretty quick.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, at least they don't play it all that often. But The Coneheads are really getting on my nerves. Never been a fan, but I was in teh next room when one came on today. Their voices are so aggravating.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The club DJ who sunlights as a financial planner is back. Ugh.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

With such a huge portion of what should be their market having been born after 1980 or so, I'm wondering who in the heck OK'd that campaign. The Coneheads were a thing from about 1976-80. They haven't been a thing for 35 years. Is State Farm only selling to people in their middle 50s now?

BDC99 likes this.
  12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Re: Geico. The Europe Final Countdown is tremendous. Im sure it will get old soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted