1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Too Late??? Kevin Johnson followed Cosby Playbook

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Oct 8, 2015.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

http://deadspin.com/police-video-shows-teen-girl-graphically-accusing-kevin-1735279363

Is it too late to fight back against Kevin Johnson? I'm asking with respect to whether the public is beyond caring now.

Or will it find traction at some point?

If its true, and her specific identification of events would strongly indicate truth to me, then here's hoping that KJ finally gets his due.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Kevin Johnson is one of the scummier people in politics.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Is there anything new being revealed here? I believe the police report and stories about KJ and the high school girl have been floating around for decades, so it's not like this is a shocking new thing.

This has been the black cloud hovering over Johnson's head since 95, but it hasn't prevented his steady ascension anyways, so unless there's some startling new info I doubt that would all change now.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

His girlfriend is the real monster though, right?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There is nothing new in the Cosby case either.

The video is huge. It's going to be impossible for KJ to deny that one away. Why do you think he paid her hush money?

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Valid point. America just sorta decided in 2015 that it did care about the same Cosby allegations it'd been disregarding for years. Maybe the same will happen here.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Deadspin got its hands on the video of the police interview. That is what was new.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The girl broke her silence and came forward a couple weeks ago, I think.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't know that. Guessing the Cosby case prompted her too.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I never gave him much thought, but this is the first I've heard of it. I'm glad those of us who didn't know are now aware he's a scumbag.

Draft saved Draft deleted