1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 6 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

At least when Nebraska sucked under Bill Callahan, they were fun to watch.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Mea culpa. But the larger point still stands: Having a losing season one-third of the time at Nebraska ain't gonna fly. As is this constitutes the worst start for the Huskers since the end of the 50s. I'd say the second time he finishes below .500, he's done."

I agree completely. Unfortunately for Riley now the QB at Nebraska might be worst guy he's ever worked with, seeing as how three of his guys at OSU (Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, Sean Mannion) are in the NFL and the fourth (Sean Canfield) had some time on an NFL practice squad.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If I were betting, I wouldn't touch Florida-Missouri. I haven't decided if Florida-Kentucky was the outlier or if Florida-Ole Miss was. Missouri showed a lot more spirit on offense with Lock, but it was a pretty conservative plan.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Baylor now a 44-point favorite. I hope it's frigging 101-0.

Chef2 likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

N.C. State (PK) at Va. Tech
    Appalachian St. (-16) at Georgia St.
    Tulsa (-9.5) vs. La.-Monroe

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Many of you whippersnappers are too dang young to remember the 70s and 80s when this sort of spread against NW for Michigan week was the norm. First came Gary Barnett and now Coach Fitzgerald who served to somewhat level the playing field.
    Carry on.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Strong may well beat OU.
    Texas can score points and OU hasn't got any sort of Dewey, Louie, Hughey thing going on these days.
    Strong needs a legit period to try and build. He needs a total buy-in from the Sipper Nation.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I realize the Upstate didn't get hit as hard with flooding, but surprised there has been no talk of moving Clemson-GT. That's going to take a lot of public safety manpower away also.

10. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Let's face facts, Northwestern was a heavy underdog against Michigan -- or anybody -- well into the '90s. If you told a college football fan 25 years ago that Northwestern would be in better shape than Nebraska, Miami and Texas, they'd wonder more about this future you'd speak of.
    I believe that Wildcats win in '95 at Notre Dame was very much a turning point in college football history.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted