1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Everyone in the 76ers front office creamed their boxers watching the Astros tonight.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Bittersweet moment as I get an email with my refund for ALDS tickets at Yankee Stadium. Would have been cool to go to a playoff game again this year, but I'm hardly ever sad about the Yankees going down.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yup. And it's not even close right now. Always liked Joe Maddon and I love that the Cubs rebuilt a lot from their farm system with young players.

But don't get me wrong, I want the Pirates on Wednesday and I want the Cardinals to get swept in the NLDS.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

They should have used the Six Flags roller coaster as their "skyline."

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Man, I love the wild card. Get the pinstripes in and out of the postseason in 184 minutes.

I think the arrival of the Astros into the national spotlight is going to be fun. And I wouldn't bet the house against them in the next series, given KC's rotation. Their hitting approach makes things fun.

Dallas Keuchel is a craftsman. Wish I'd get to see him more.

One good thing I can say for the Yankees -- Andrew Miller is some kind of nasty. There have been few sliders thrown with that sort of movement and that sort of velocity.

Final note: It's hard to put into words how impressed I was with Chris Archer's 1 1/2 innings of analysis. He hit every right note. And while we're at it, I thought Jessica Mendoza was outstanding, too. She knows the game.

Steak Snabler and FileNotFound like this.
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wouldn't ya know it, I bet on the Astros.

Songbird likes this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Prick.
    :D

Songbird likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Goddamn level playing field.

steveu likes this.
  9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, rooting hard for the Pirates in the NL. Could live with the Cubs. The Dodgers, Cardinals and especially the Mets making the World Series would be pretty intolerable.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chris Archer has a career after baseball. Just a great personality.

I also love those Astros road jerseys. Great shade of orange that goes perfectly with that shade of blue in their caps.

jr/shotglass and Chef2 like this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Not the jump off the Brooklyn-bridge type as I was expecting....

[​IMG]

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Didn't the Astros make up about 71 of those 168 games that year? Their rebuild has been the most startling.

Draft saved Draft deleted