1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYPD Blue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

An Anna Gunn sighting, as girlfriend of a snitch who got killed and who gets $ to go to Florida in return for helping the coppers.
    So they re-visit the mom with dementia, eh? They had Kelly visit her at Christmas, and she mistook him for his father then too.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe I have my episodes confused. But the one I'm thinking of ends the way I described it, with Kelly and Robin Wexler in bed.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I really wouldn't have minded them keeping Debrah Farentino around. In fact, Caruso's decision to leave meant there wasn't much reason to keep Farentino, Sherry Stringfield or Amy Brenneman around. That bastard!

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes. Wendy Malik (abused spouse he was the bodyguard for) runs a very poor 4th in that horserace.

old_tony likes this.
  5. old_tony

When Wendy Malik is running fourth, that's a pretty damn good race.

(Also, don't want to seem like a prick for pointing this out, but it was Robin Wirkus, not Wexler. ;) )

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Well, she did marry Jimmy Wexler before he died, but perhaps hung onto her maiden name.

(As an aside, I just realized how much fun it is to use the term "maiden name" in the year 2015 -- it must drive somebody nuts.)

7. old_tony

Ah, correct. She did end up Wexler (although she could have ended up Kelly).

8. old_tony

Up to episode 20 of season 4, and was blown away by something.

Currie Graham, who seven years later becomes the captain of the squad, plays a skell involved in a robbery murder. You'd barely recognize him. Does not look at all like Lt. Bale. Plays the skell perfectly.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  9. old_tony

Into Season 6 now, with the season premiere starting the story arc of Bobby Simone's heart infection and death.

10. old_tony

I was wondering what Audience would do when the 12-season run finished and I'm glad to see they've started over again with Season 1.

And I'll gladly go for the 13-month ride again.

If you have DirecTV, you'll be able to catch the first five episodes beginning at 2 p.m. Central time on Sunday.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somebody mentioned how badly Charlotte Ross had aged. I saw her last night on Arrow and barely recognized her. I had to check IMDB to be sure.

Fun timing, too. Last night's NYPD Blue re-run was the one that ended with Franz and Sharon Lawrence in the shower. "That's going to be very clean." Lawrence wasn't gorgeous, but her character seemed out of Sipowicz's league. They made that work because the actors seemed to have great chemistry.

So what do they do after killing her off? Put him with an even better looking actress. Gotta love TV.

12. old_tony

Charlotte Ross looks like another woman who had work done and it didn't come out so well. I don't think she looks bad, but she just doesn't look like ... her. She'd be prettier if she still looked like herself only 12 years older. I just don't get the drive to alter your appearance to the point that people can't recognize you. Renee Zellweiger did that same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted