1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Well, if you're doing skyline-themed T-shirts for division champs, then it makes sense to use Dallas for the Rangers, because there is no skyline in Arlington. Other than Jerry World, I guess.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

To the rest of the country the Rangers are a Dallas team with a stadium in the suburbs, but my mother-in-law is the same way about Jersey not getting credit for being home of the Jets and Giants.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No, if it has to be a skyline, you do a hodgepodge of Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington. It actually could have been pretty cool if a little bit of thought had been put into it.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Either way, that's a damn solid Kevin Dyson reference.

6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Ooh, a one and a two-thirds Neftali. A quintuple Mesa. That'd be impressive.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I just hope the Pirates are wearing their cool 1971 throwback unis Wednesday night.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not a Pirates fan. I grew up going to the games there, but I stopped giving a damn over 20 years ago. I've explained this before. I love the game, but I can't bring myself to invest myself as a fan in a sport that stacks the deck. MLB has come a long way, but the deck is still stacked.

Again, y'all can't just acknowledge the reality without the snark. You can't help yourselves, then you whine and complain when I respond. Show some self-discipline and walk away or once again prove yourself to be a hypocrite. Either is fine with me. I'm always happy to debate and it helps that I'm clearly right about this one.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Tonight: 5-3 Yanx
    Tomorrow: 2-0 Cubbies

10. Songbird

Astros v. Mets, Wilmer tears of joy this time?

11. Songbird

Chris Archer is excellent with the mic.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

My postseason rule - don't ever start a pitcher on 3 days rest unless all other pitchers on earth are dead.
    Want the Astros to win. But I have little faith.

Draft saved Draft deleted