1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear the Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

All I saw was kelp.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

It looked like an arm was sticking out when they first showed the water, and then I thought I saw heads as the shot sped up. Reckon we'll find out in 2016.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The only thing I saw was kelp and birds. Rewound it a few times and couldn't see anything else in the water.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Perhaps I saw what I wanted to see. Either way, there's no way that ship is their salvation.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was more surprised by how close the boat was. Why did Strand need the binoculars to show the boat to Nick? The boat was plenty close enough to see without the binoculars.

And how is the boat just anchored out there? Didn't seem to be any kind of cove or secure area for anchoring a boat?
    People don't just randomly anchor yacht in open ocean.

Anyway, minor complaints.

6. Spartan Squad

It seems very odd as all hell is breaking loose and people are beating feet to get out of there, that a boat out in the open so close to shore wasn't stolen. Even if he put it there as part of his overall plan—where he escapes at the very beginning on the boat, later comes back when the military sets up camp to recruit people to help him and knows that the boat won't be going anywhere as most of the people who would steal it are gone—it does seem odd that a passer-by didn't see it. It's the same problem in Episode 2 when Travis' truck isn't stolen or destroyed in the riot..

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I expected to see an underwater shot with walkers in it, but if there was something, I missed it.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of Strand in general. Over-written.
    But he might be better in the next set of episodes.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Didn't he park his truck away from the riots and then walk into downtown?

10. Spartan Squad

No he initially parked the car near the crowd of people who gathered around the shooting of the walker before the riots started. When they're leaving, they find the truck where a bunch of people are rioting. The barber shot they hide in was a ways from the truck, but they still have to peal out to avoid the riots.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Finally caught up and enjoyed the abbreviated run. Did we ever find out what the light was that flashing on the hillside? I don't think they resolved that, which I thought was odd, because I don't imagine they'll be going back that way.

As for the military getting overrun, the soldier kid said there were more than 2,000 infected inside the stadium, right? I don't think Rick's group ever faced a horde that massive. Also, the military was in the process of pulling out and we know low morale was causing desertion as well. They didn't exactly have all hands on deck to fight off the horde. The one thing I'd quibble with there was how easily the fence fell, but it's a minor thing.

I thought it was kelp in the ocean.

I think the Flight 462 webisodes are about the flight they showed briefly in Episode 3, I think. They held that shot just long enough to make you think it was important. Seems like a fitting tie-in.

Ruben Blades is awesome.

Someone mentioned killing off the two sons — I could do without the Christopher character, who is too much of a stereotypical angsty teenager with daddy issues. Pretty one-dimensional so far. Nick, on the other hand, I think can be an interesting character.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they never resolved the blinking light, or whatever it was.

Draft saved Draft deleted