1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Does Trump have an actual campaign team on the ground in Iowa and New Hampshire?

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

To be fair, they did preface his opinion with the warning that he was Mitt Romney's chief strategist.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think the hope is that Trump won't want to spend a lot of his pwn money, especially if he doesn't think he's going to win.

As this article points out, because of all the free media he generates, he hasn't had to spend much so far:

After talking up money, Donald Trump isn't spending it

He does have an operation on the ground in Iowa, and New Hampshire. Not sure what he has beyond that, but if he wins either of those states, he'll gain momentum.

He'll be able to gain free media too. He's not afraid of going on TV, radio, or the internet. He creates news.

I think he'll also use the fact that others have burned millions against them in his campaign. He'll make them look like folks who are free spenders, with little to show in return.

Will he eventually spend the $100 million plus he'll need to to win? Maybe. Time will tell.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think he will if he has to. I think this whole thing is worth that much to him.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yes, and you won't believe what they're finding.

6. YankeeFan

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What would Trump do once he got to the White House? He'd probably get bored pretty quick.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He'll do the military so good, it'll make your head spin.

Actual quote from Mr. Trump.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He'd be double extra awesome, ultra kick ass, and totally bitchin.'

10. YankeeFan

11. YankeeFan

The big news in Conservative Twitter is Trumo telling FOX how much he likes eminent domain.

Eminent domain has long been a big issue for Conservatives, so not only are they upset with Trump, but they're being driven mad that it doesn't seem to be bothering many of his supporters, including some Conservative talk radio hosts.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I mentioned this earlier (I think), but I have several acquaintances who are Trump-o-philes and who consider themselves to be conservatives. When I've asked them what they think about his views on Kelo, the general response has been "Huh? What's that?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.