1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shooting on campus in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If life begins at conception and ends at death, why is your birthdate and death date on your tombstone?

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Because you don't know which squirt conceived you.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But if you truly believe life begins at conception, should it matter which squirt conceived you?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Also of note the Oregon sheriff is a 9/11 truther and also believes that the Sandy Hook shootings were faked or some sort of false flag operation.

Quality, quality stuff.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This quote is really something else:

"And when the mood strikes, and as long as we’re tossing around brand names, I sling an AR, Tek-9 or AK over my shoulder, or holster a Glock 21 (not 22), or one of my other handguns, like the Sig Sauer P226, and walk out the door,” Harper bragged. “I find the shotguns are a little too cumbersome to open carry.”

There can't be any other country on Earth where you're gonna find middle-class suburban moms dropping that quote. "Ahh ...there's dear ole mom slinging her AR, AK and Glock as she picks junior up from soccer practice...." What a shock that her kid ended up doing bad things with guns.

it's bizarre how in love so many Americans are with guns. That sentiment had nothing whatsoever to with any need or sporting interest. She's just loves to show off her guns.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why isn't she offering specifics?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'd love to talk with Hil about how my risk of dying as a result of gun violence is roughly half what it was when her hubster was in office.

old_tony likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That probably goes for message boards and all of social media, too.

12. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

She may be happy to discuss the rate of firearm homicides from the time her husband first took office.
    [​IMG]

Stoney likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted