1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 5

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by exmediahack, Sep 28, 2015.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And in the middle of Dabo's post game rant, flip to the Sportscenter guys silently surfing tablets and looking like Jake and Elwood in the elevator, oblivious to the chaos on the other side.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Reminded me of those Arizona State sorority girls taking selfies at the D-backs' game the other night.

Also, #BYOG

3. Steak Snabler

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One of his teammates was in front of the pile, pulling him toward the end zone. However, please note that all of UCLA's players were trying to rip out the ball, not tackle him.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So someone enlighten me. What's the rule on this? Has it been changed recently? Because that looks about as blatant an example of 'helping the ballcarrier' as I've ever seen.

6. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Putting on my fanboi loooser hat, I suspect Ohio State would greatly benefit by being dropped from #1. They're playing sloppy, dumb football. A drop from the top spot may be a mental / emotional positive, while they sort the offense out.

Actually, they don't look all that different from last season's team....except they don't have the ugly loss. They are really good in 2 areas, a mess in the other. They struggled in a ton of games until November, when the defense finally became functional. This season, the defense is carrying them, waiting for the offense to get its sh*t together.

They keep winning, though. Considering there are only 15 power 5 undefeated remaining, that's something.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Still not overly impressed with Clemson.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It was forgotten during the goaline play between USC and Notre Dame years ago, and I think as a group officials just said fuck it.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that the tide seems to be turning when it comes to rankings. Instead of taking the dumb preseason top 25 and moving teams up or down based on a W or L like a fucking robot, people are actually using their brains (and eyes) when discussing who the top X teams are. Progress!!

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't have strong feelings either way about ranking OSU first, but Michigan State looks fraudtastic to me.

11. Steak Snabler

I feel a Twitter meltdown coming later today when Alabama jumps Ole Miss in one (or both) of the polls.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

College football is a "what have you done lately" industry.
    And those who questioned earlier if Baylor might be No. 1 - I think pollsters are worried if they rank the Bears there now, they may not be able to get rid of them the rest of the season. @TCU or hosting Oklahoma seem like the only two chances the Bears could/might lost during the regular season.

Draft saved Draft deleted