1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 5

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by exmediahack, Sep 28, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a highlight -- the ASU O-line pushes the pile (and the backward-facing RB the final 15 yards for the touchdown.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Stupid move by Brian Kelly after ND scored to go for 2. Granted, the play he called should have worked if the open receiver would have just caught the ball, but I hate going for 2 until it's absolutely necessary.

If the Irish rallied to 21-19 and needed a 2-point conversion to tie, it puts a lot of pressure on the defense. Instead, Clemson can now breathe easier knowing ND needs two TDs, instead of a TD and an FG.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It used to be a flag that the linemen could not push the ball carrier forward.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Shit, it was 20.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I thought they outlawed the flying wedge:

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

What the hell did I just watch? I need to see that whole play, I'm not even sure who started with the ball from watching that. Was that a touchdown run?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, ultimately inconsequential because the game was over once they passed the first-down line ... It started at the 22 and the whole pile-on picked up between the 15 and 17.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, then, that's awesome. Wish we'd see that "flying everyone" play more often.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Clemson with a clutch defensive play for once.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

.... Annnnnnd Notre Dame falls 2 points short. Dumbass.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yep

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

interesting onside kick by the ND kicker - technically he was offside before the kick.

Draft saved Draft deleted