1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear the Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Aug 24, 2015.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

And the new season of "Orange is the New Black" beckons for her as well.

2. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

I'm frustrated that the show went from a couple of zombies in downtown L.A. starting a Zombie Lives Matter riot directly to most of the city being dead and a few living inside a fence. I thought the whole point of the show was to show what TWD didn't. Seems like it skipped right over a lot of the downfall of society.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The downfall is still happening, which is why the military is cordoning off at least one section of L.A. I think they're doing a decent job of showing how things slowly go to shit.

The hospitals were toast when the sick started turning up, and then turning once they were dead. It wouldn't take much to have a hospital, especially, overrun with the walking dead in short order.

I'm a fan of most things zombies, so I'll keep watching. And based on the commercials alone, the new season of TWD looks fantastic.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

They skipped a few days, but they made it clear the people in the "safe zone" were being held there and didn't have much of an idea of what was going on. They were cut off. For a lot of people that survived, that would probably be the case. Did you really want them to show people sitting around doing nothing for four days?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is the stuff TWD relishes

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I actually thought that after I posted. They did spend a whole season sitting on a farm.

7. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

So a neighborhood riot related to TWO ZOMBIES progressing to most of Los Angeles being closed off would be four days of people sitting around doing nothing? I disagree.
    I'm not going to stop watching. I love the whole universe of TWD. Just wish they had shown more of the transition.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So my stupid DVR didn't record enough last night.

What happened after Griselda dies and the military doctor starts to explain that they need to put a bolt in her head? How much longer did the episode go?

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It went about another 2 minutes. Will PM you exactly what you missed (which is not much).

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Thanks for the extra little bit HC.

HC likes this.
  11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I live to serve. :cool:

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So what does everyone think is in that house?

Draft saved Draft deleted