1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant Sports Editor - Madison, WI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Assistant Sports Editor

Date Posted September 22, 2015
    Industry Newspapers / Wires
    Location Madison, Wisconsin
    Position Video Journalist
    Specialty Sports/Outdoors
    Job Status Full-time
    Salary Not Specified
    Website host.madison.com | Madison Newspapers Inc.

Description:
    The Wisconsin State Journal, the state’s leading newspaper for coverage of University of Wisconsin sports and high school sports in the Madison area, seeks an innovative journalist to take its digital sports content to the next level. This assistant sports editor will work with the sports editor to plan and execute digital coverage across platforms and use analytics to drive our efforts to engage and inform our audience.

The successful candidate will be an energetic leader well-versed in social media, video production, content management, live coverage and mobile journalism. He/she also will have a strong understanding of journalistic ethics, accuracy and sports, and the skills to work effectively with colleagues across the newsroom. Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed is required.

To be considered for the position, applicants must have at least three years of experience as an accomplished digital journalist. In addition to a resume and references, please provide a cover letter that includes five examples of your success as a digital journalist and three specific ways you would improve our digital sports coverage on Day 1.

To apply directly go to https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oVrN1fwU&s=url. You can go to lee.net/careers/ and select Wisconsin State Journal using the location search menu. Deadline to apply is October 6, 2015.

1901 Fish Hatchery Road

Madison, WI 53713

Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer

Pre-employment drug testing applies

2. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Awesome. I am going to go after this one, who is leaving?

3. Dr. Ted Nelson

Dr. Ted Nelson New Member

I can't say with 100 percent certainty, but I believe this was created by Rob Hernandez leaving the Wisconsin State Journal for another job. (Edited to note Hernandez's new gig is not within the company, as I previously believed.)
    Hernandez, for those who don't know, was a longtime WSJ preps reporter/editor who recently moved to ASE.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted