1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athletics Communication Assistant - FGCU (Dunk City)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bevo, Jun 14, 2015.

1. bevo

bevo Member

Here's a real winner for someone just out of school with no family to support, or expectations of anything but getting valuable experience. I think the interview process will probably last longer than the job does.

Loading Content

Advertised Salary Range $23,660
    Job Type Temporary

Location Fort Myers, FL

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Sports Information, Communication, Journalism, Marketing/PR or a related field and one (1) year of athletics communications experience.

Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree from an accredited institution in Sports Information, Communication, Journalism, Marketing/PR or a related field. Division I intercollegiate athletics communications experience.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

$11.37 an hour. Master's degree preferred.

Biff Tannen and Potter like this.
  3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

More like $7.62/hr...you know you ain't walking out the door to end the workweek with less than 55-60/hrs a week.

4. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

It's ridiculous that the pay isn't better for an SID job. I make $30K at mid-size newspaper.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

This sounds like a job meant more for a graduate assistant. Temporary? And this is the time of year a lot of places are offering internship and graduate assistant positions...

6. jaxson5

jaxson5 Member

Too bad. It's a nice area down there, but there is no way I could see anyone relocating for that price.

Draft saved Draft deleted