1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily Fantasy writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dfs, Jun 9, 2015.

1. dfs

dfs New Member

This simply isn't true. We had never spoken to the person we ultimately hired prior to this past weekend and went into this process with an impossibly open mind.

Since nothing is official, would rather hold off for now, but can provide an update soon enough if interested.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey there... no no, don't get me wrong. Someone must have been pretty impressive in the first bunch of candidates. You guys have been nothing but fair and honest. Like others have said, a lot more fair and honest than some companies/places that post here.

Let us know when you can.

Thanks!

3. dfs

dfs New Member

Oh, phew! Thought we were getting blasted for hiring too quickly for a second there. Was going to say, take too long, get criticized. Hire too quickly, get criticized.

Can't win around here!

4. dfs

dfs New Member

Oh: And will do, but it's not Jason Whitlock.

SFIND, JimPatriot, Riptide and 2 others like this.
  5. Shilliar

Shilliar New Member

Something tells me with that offered salary they had a hefty slew of great candidates to choose from from the word go. Good on them for actually paying fairly for a job that clearly will take a big commitment. All sorts of jealous I didn't see the post until now.

Draft saved Draft deleted