1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Worlds Apart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Rodney was insufferable, the latest in a long line of clowns who are useless in challenges but claim they are running the game when the reality is much, much different. Definitely agree that the reveal of the next season cast was a real drag on the reunion. Thought Sierra was spectacular.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

And yet three idiots would have voted for Birthday Boy Rodney as the winner if he had made the final three. Amazing, eh? He's the type of tool I bet they bring back sometime down the road.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Worst part of the show was Probst didn't talkt to Jenn. That would have been more entertaining than recreating the exchange between Will and Shirin.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

— After giving Rodney's Twitter feed an occasional look, he seemed to be at least somewhat self aware while watching the show, which redeems him at least some, in my opinion. Faced with similar evidence of his douchiness, Dan doubled down.

— Maybe Rodney was a better player than the edit revealed. In the end, everyone but Rodney and Sierra managed to put aside their bitterness and vote for the best player, Mike. Three people said they would have voted Rodney, which could mean they thought he was the best player.

— I liked seeing Dan torn apart. I think he's aware that he fucks up constantly, but somehow is still totally unaware when he does it. It's as if every individual time he thinks, "I'm prone to stupid comments ... but this clearly wasn't one of them." Jeff's right in that his disillusion makes for good/interesting TV.

A few others:
    — I feel bad when the rest of the cast doesn't get to talk. At least give them one line.
    — When you looked as bad as Will did on TV, you need to ditch qualifiers and chit chat and start with that big apology.
    — I'm excited for the next season.
    — I'm stunned Shane didn't make it. That's a shame. He's one of a kind.
    — They made the "in our out" segment about as painful as possible for those people. Haha!

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No doubt we will see Boston Rod down the road. And yeah, too bad Jenn didn't get a spot on the reunion show. I thought her speech at the final tribal was pretty good.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Rob. Show some respect to the best player in show history. :D

He said a couple years ago that the only way he would play again is if they did a season with all former winners. That would have the potential to be awesome.

Of the people playing next season, I'll be rooting for Keith. I'm curious what finally happened to get Kelly Wigglesworth back. Probst had said repeatedly that they had asked her back several times and she kept saying no. She and Hasselbeck were the only ones who turned down the first all-stars.

Now that they have 30 (technically 29 since Sandra won twice) to pick from, I'm guessing they could get 16 of them. They would have to make certain guarantees and I'm sure they'd be worried about people quitting if they felt they didn't need the money.

I'm guessing they could not get Ethan, Amber or Jenna. Ethan and Jenna have had health issues and I tend to doubt Amber would play if Rob was. I'm guessing they would pass on Brian given his problems. I'm sure a few others would pass, but I would think they could get 16.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I believe he's referring to Rodney as Boston Rod.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Or Jenn could have just done some jumping jacks to liven things up!

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Correct.

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

My bad...

11. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

There is an interview with Mike (I think it was on ew.com) that credits Rodney's game much more. Mike claims the edit did not reveal how well Rodney played but that he thought Rodney would have been his toughest challenger in the final vote.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted