1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN.com redesign

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JackReacher, Apr 1, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

(Actually, Sports Illustrated’s two most marketable assets are the swimsuit issue and Peter King. Considering the swimsuit issue comes out once a year and Peter King is right about once a year, why would anyone go to SI.com in the first place?)

Doc Holliday likes this.
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I usually visit SI.com on Mondays to see Deitsch's media column, which always links to a dozen or so stories of the week. I'll usually skim MMQB in three minutes or less. That's about all it deserves anymore.

But yeah, SI.com's design is horrid. Easily the worst of all the major sports sites.

4. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I'm kind of indifferent. But I'm more annoyed by how some sports' scoreboards are in the new format, and others are in the old format. NBA and MLB are in the new one, NHL in the old (NCAA basketball was in the old format, too, I think).

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Still not a big fan of the new site, but the live tweets and such down the right side of the site is pretty helpful to keep track of what's happening while I work.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I'm late to this thread, so my apologies for just now finding it. But, I absolutely fuckin' hate ESPN's redesign. Sometimes people should just fuckin' leave things alone.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Definitely not user friendly. But live tweets!

8. ejyankee

ejyankee New Member

I hate it. Used to visit a couple times a day and often used it to track various games. Now, I might look a couple times a week, then I remember that I can't stand the redesign and go elsewhere. I'm a free agent as far as my go-to sports site.

sgreenwell and Doc Holliday like this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Same here. Rarely visit anymore. And they've butchered their fantasy games too. For the first time in ten years, I am involved in zero leagues and zero free games at the moment.

ESPN had several thousand folks hooked on paying for fantasy leagues to gain Uber points (overall standings, all time and yearly), but they killed Uber off too.

Goodbye ESPN. Someday, I hope ESPN and the NCAA both cease to exist.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'd be on board with that. Not sure where I'd get my multi-sports fix, but I'm sure I'd get used to it.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

They deserve each other, in hell.

Doc Holliday and BDC99 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted