1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NCAA Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Mar 18, 2015.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Syracuse was a systemic pattern of not just cheating to get a player in once a year, but a fraud in keeping players eligible after they cheated to get them in. Academic fraud at the Universit, not just fuckiing with HS transcripts and SAT scores. Calipari is a thief you see coming from a mile away. Boeheim's a con artist or a pick pocket, he gets real close, touches you, talks to you, makes you think he's a real good guy. Next thing you know your wallet and keys are missing and your wife's panties, too.
    He's dirtier because he acts cleaner

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Do people think he's a good guy? I know he's night and day different than he was in the 80s and 90s, when he was one of the most miserable SOBs out there.

3. heyabbott

As dirty, not worse. Mote than twice as many vacated win as Calipari. Calipari as more Final Fours vacated because hes a better coach and got his teams farther

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I know a couple of people who have dealt with him up close, who weren't national names, who think he's a phony shithead. You can see it come out sometimes, like when he dodges the presser after the NCAA slaps him down, and claims it's so the kids can get the attention. The same kids he threw under the bus mid-season in the hopes of dodging the bullets he got hit with.

I have much more respect for Cal.

5. heyabbott

Agree. But the preception, based on his friends on TV, is that he's a quality person. ESPN and CBS arent arguing that "he gots to go". And that is the ball game.

Is there a bracket that you have to beat the spread?

6. RecoveringJournalist

I watched him go nuts on a reporter right after they went to the Final Four in 1996. He tore the guy a new asshole at the press conference seconds before it started. They had won two spectacular games and he should have been celebrating and the first thing he did when he walked in was just shred this guy (a NYC college writer, I think. I'd probably know his name if I heard it...). I think he was on ESPN2 in the very early days.

I've seen writers get it worse at press conferences, but this was the biggest head-scratcher. He's going to the Final Four and the first thing on his mind was shredding this writer. I think the writer had picked them to lose in the first round.

7. heyabbott

I hope to hell UNC gets fucked over. Uncle Roy and Boeheim, HOF cheaters

expendable likes this.
  8. RecoveringJournalist

As a kid, Carolina was my favorite college hoops team. I haven't rooted for them once since Williams went there...

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Have to wonder if Cal has those Final Fours vacated if he's at blue blood programs and not UMass and Memphis. Only blue blood I can recall off the top of my head having a Final Four vacated was the Fab Five.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If I'm the president of Syracuse, I shitcan Boeheim the second after the probation is announced. But, like at Indiana under Bobby Knight and with Penn State football, we know who really runs the show. Basketball coach cheats so the AD takes the fall.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Shoulda saw Baylor coming. Georgia State has at least three guys who could be playing for high majors and Scott Drew is still Scott Drew. I just didn't trust Georgia State's coach either. Iowa State is surprising. It was playing well coming into today, but this looked a lot like its trip to Lubbock.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I've seen it a hundred times.

Draft saved Draft deleted