1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep is done and so am I

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He's not referring to me. I'm not likable.

Songbird likes this.
  2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Sad to see the direction things have gone...

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

For some.

4. TheSportsPredictor

Man, if only things could still be run the way you ran them. It would be perfect.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

CB radios don't have handles.

Songbird likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

I'd rather not see people banned. How can I call them an asshole if they're not around? Now, if they do get banned, I don't cry. They generally bring it on themselves. Sometimes I don't even know.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Perhaps not but let us never forget the legend of Betty Beaver ...

[​IMG]

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Of course he wants to increase page views and generate revenue. At least I would.

What she said was that he doesn't give a shit about anything except trying to milk dollars out of the place -- her view of the "long-term health of the site," versus the motivations she attributed to him in her post ("in the end it was about YOUR bottom line"). My experience has been that he is not that myopic (which would be stupid anyhow, if the goal was a buck), and I was saying so.

He has not just instituted things that he personally didn't feel were good for the forum (whether you agree with him or not), or do things over people's objections, with the rationale that it would make him money. The things he has discussed privately really has been about trying to make the site more user friendly, clean up the tone of the place and create an atmosphere where people felt comfortable -- and it hasn't been couched around "that is how I can make the most money off this thing."

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with anything?

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Penalty box.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I could be stepping on a third rail here, but...no one should have the right to edit out history, and history that way freely posted by someone who wanted to say what he said.

2muchcoffeeman and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I tend to agree, dools. On the other hand, I can't say what I would do if I was in Jeff's shoes. Tough call, and ultimately none of my business.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.