1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 9, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What pitchers are available? I'm not sure I have much more faith in any of those first basemen. Maybe Headley for the versatility, being eligible at both corners.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

S. Miller, D. Kuechel, W. Chen, Y. Gallardo, M. Garza, W. Davis...

My whole idea about adding another 1B would be to sure up my OF.

3. outofplace

Davis being Wade Davis? He's not a SP. He's still KC's set-up man. Dominant in the role, but not a starter.

I get the idea why you shore up your outfield. Is Butler not eligible at 1B in your format? I'm just not sold on any of those guys you listed being a big improvement.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Yeah, Wade Davis. Didn't think you just meant starting pitchers. My bad.

Butler has 1B eligibility but his power is gone and he'll play half of his games inside that cavern in Oakland.

My team shouldn't have a problem scoring runs, but I'd like to get a bit more power to help my OPS and some more RBIs.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

This might seem odd, but I am playing in a roto league for the first time after many years of doing pretty well in H2H leagues. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I understand the concepts, but I don't know if/how I need to alter my strategy.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I have a deadline and I'm having second thoughts on Cobb. Any thoughts?

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

New to a league this year and had a four-round expansion draft with the owner from the other new team. 40 players were kept going into this. I went first and took Harper. I also ended up with Miguel Cabrera, Freeman and Bumgarner. I can only keep Harper and Cabrera for one season, but I didn't expect to get both, and I'm hoping I'll now be more competitive than I assumed in my inaugural season.

8. outofplace

That injury makes me nervous. Forearm issues can often be a precursor to the kind of elbow injury that send a pitcher to Dr. Andrews. I'd probably go with Gomes in that 10th spot. You already have two outfielders and enough pitchers that you don't have to gamble with Cobb's health.

9. outofplace

What do y'all think of Rusney Castillo? It looks like he may not get regular at-bats, at least to start the season, and I've seen mixed reports. Some love the guy. Others think he's a bit overrated.

I've got a keeper league draft Saturday and he's one of the guys I'd probably be looking at in round one along with Marcel Ozuna, Yasmany Thomas, Josh Harrison and Kolton Wong. I like A.J. Pollock, too, but I think maybe I can wait a round or two. I'm pretty well locked in on outfield or middle infield help.

Suggestions?

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I like Ozuna a lot, and Wong is going to be good. Not sold on Castillo, but I'm a Yankees fan and even for fantasy purposes, I have trouble taking off the pinstriped glasses to look at Red Sox objectively. I've never owned a Red Sox in fantasy except for last year when they acquired Cespedes (and I tried to trade him, but couldn't get equal value).

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty pissed at myself after last night's keeper auction draft. I had let Cano go with a salary of 54 (which would have risen to 59), figuring I could reacquire him for less. I kept bidding up to $60, and then thought it was getting too high, so I backed off. He went for $65 and I ended the draft with $70 in my pocket. Should have grabbed him and should have gotten Votto for 32 and Encarnacion for 44. Given the salaries I'm paying my starters at those three slots, I could have probably afforded all three.

12. sostartled

sostartled Member

That's funny because I do the same thing, except I'm a Red Sox / Patriots fan, so I never take Yankees, Jets or Giants. Not that the Jets have anyone worth having in fantasy. :)

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted