1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What (or who) are you tired of?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You and me both.
    Between Friday and Saturday I wrote nine stories (a couple were call-ins or college baseball write-ups off SID stories and box scores, but they were still a few hundred words each), paginated six pages and shot photos at two baseball games.
    And dealt with Slowpoke Granny at Chick-fil-A.
    Why do I do this again?

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

So you can dream of Slowpoke Granny having a slow painful death from choking on her Chick-Fil-A chicken. Or stroke or heart attack.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Coaches who take 30 minutes to come out of the locker room during a multiple-game tournament session when I have to cover the next game.

HandsomeHarley likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You only can do so much. Figure out ways to cut down and call it a day.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Shit, I couldn't get the h.s. girls coach to come out until just a couple of minutes before tip-off of the boys game.

Every time I hear, "I'll just be a few minutes," I want to respond with, "No, I will just be a few minutes. You'll be in there for at least half an hour."

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The reporter who had a beat before I did who can't let go.

She keeps showing up at meetings and interacting with sources via emails and social media. It confuses people and causes challenges for me.

Yo, you were moved off the beat for a reason. Maybe if you but as much effort into your new beat as you put into mine, you will have more success and not have to be moved again.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Sounds like what my wife says when I get to the bathroom first.

jpetrie18 likes this.
  8. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

These phrases:
    "Moving forward..."
    "At this time..."
    "Are you kidding me?"

9. casty33

casty33 Active Member

SNOW.

JackReacher likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Single-digit temperatures. Tomorrow night, unless the weather is way, way off, should be the last of them until December.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes! Finally a warmup in our future. I'm planning on attending my 10-year-old great-nephew's outdoor hockey game on Saturday, and actually looking forward to being outside. Mid-30s and sunny. It's going to feel like the 60s after the last six weeks.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sign outside my local church:
    "Whoever is praying for snow, please stop."

Draft saved Draft deleted