1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod Apoligizes to His Fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 17, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That would be a fun over/under bet in Vegas. O/U .771, I'm taking the under.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A-Rod has 6 HR's to go to catch Willie Mays and have first $6 million incentive kick in.
    Promises to be a real circus.
    The Yankees want to strike that portion of the contract so it will be hard for them to
    even promote his quest or honor him if he does make it.
    660 will not be a dramatic moment for Suzyn Waldman.
    Can't wait for the first reporter to ask A- Rod how it feels to catch Willie Mays.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I don't care what the numbers are, but to put Alex Rodriguez and Willie Mays in the same sentence is disguating.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why?

Mays loved his speed.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Casty I can see where you're coming from but doesn't bother me at all. Willie turned into such a prick in being one of his Godson's apologist's that he deserves it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's just all selective moralizing.

8. EddieM

EddieM Member

What if the sentence involves how disgusting it is to compare them?

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Alex Rodriguez is mentally ill. Which is why it's not so funny anymore to rip the guy.
    Anything that pretends to be exploratory in nature to that end should be written by a trained professional.
    All else comes across like the type of dimestore psychology typically peddled by sports writers.

Draft saved Draft deleted