1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Stuart Scott

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Eisen just did the Colts-Bengals highlights with Scott catchphrases.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The ESPN 15-minute obit was tremendous. Glad they included ex-ESPN folks, including Rich Eisen and Dan Patrick. Eisen going on the air 10 minutes after finding out Scott had died and delivering what he did was all heart.

Eisen doing highlights with Scott catchphrases tonight ... bravo.

http://bit.ly/1Ie5hr8

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Richard Deitsch has a good piece at SI how the ESPN obit came together over the months with apparently Scott having no knowledge, though his agent was informed.

5. MileHigh

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

7. MileHigh

And for everyone to not tell Scott ... equally tremendous.

8. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Watching that ESPN piece, you knew people had been working on that for a long time. That piece was tremendous. I lost it when I saw Eisen's clip from this morning.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Until I watched all the tributes yesterday and reflected on his passing I never
    realized how much Stuart Scott spoke to me and my generation.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That was awesome. Just freaking awesome.

Rich Eisen is the man.

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't know about this. I wonder if Scott ever got to view/hear any of these tributes. I've often thought, when somebody dies, that it's a shame people don't usually get to know what others would say about them, really, before they pass away -- you know, when it might actually matter and make a difference to them.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I had a family member turn to me yesterday during the games and say, "Think they're going a little overboard with this?" and I shrugged. I didn't really think so. That was before I saw the statement from the President.

I'm always fascinated by the reaction to deaths, how some are practically ignored and others seem to be everywhere. I felt the same way with Tim Russert. Sometimes I think it's a mix of timing and everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted