1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

$2.11 in Fredericksburg, VA two days ago.

Looking at GasBuddy.com now, the state of Virginia has a low of $1.85 (multiple places) and a high of $3.29 (McLean). It's hovering around $2.38 in my hood.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

$1.959 in metro Detroit. Holy sheeit.

Although I expect within a month or so, there'll be some kind of convenient mini-crisis to kick it back up to $2.50 or so.

3. Humungus

Humungus Member

$2.21

And to think that just a few weeks ago I was thinking of making lifestyle changes, such as walking or riding my bike more. Now...FUCK THAT SHIT!

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

It's $1.92 here in suburban STL. No complaints!

5. sostartled

sostartled Member

$2.47 in Southern Maine

6. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Saw $1.99 at two different spots today outside Baton Rouge.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

2.14 off exit 215 in the Shenandoah valley.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

2.39 at Costco the other day. Can't remember the last time the GALLONS dial was counting faster than the $$$ dial. The local Shell station was still at 2.79 the same day. Heading for Phoenix and Las Vegas this week and I heard there is a gas war in Vegas (remember those??).

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Finally down to $2.51 where last week it was still $2.89! My folks in Western New York still have prices around $2.90!

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

$2.19 in Radford, VA, lessened to $1.19 using my mom's Kroger gas points. We filled three cars and hit the 35 gallon gas limit right on the button.

11. joe

joe Active Member

$1.99 here. And Chris, I think unless a gallon of gas is less than $1, the money dial is still going to add up faster than the gallons, no?

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

$2.09.9 in Danville, Va., and just under $2 in sj.com favorite Tightsqueeze. Across the border, it jumps into the $2.20s.

Draft saved Draft deleted