1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie Trivia Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, we did see Ralphie's mom topless in "Slap Shot," so there could have been some crossover audience appeal.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

For the Blazing Saddles question, I do know that Gig Young was hired for the role of the Waco Kid and actually filmed some scenes before he was replaced. Is that the answer you're looking for?

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Brooke Shields.

It's probably too easy to ask who was originally cast as Marty McFly, but who lost her role as Jennifer in Back to The Future after he was fired because she was too tall to play opposite Michael J. Fox?

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Proof I've seen Major League about 25,000 too many times, a trio of 3 tricky ones:
    1. What's the last name of the only player seen get red-tagged in spring training?

2. When Lou Brown brings in Vaughn to talk about his eyesight, he motions to a picture on the wall and says "Take Ryan, for example..." Who is actually in the picture?

3. Same scene as No. 2... Brown writes four letters on the notepad. What are they? (Bonus points if they're in the correct order)

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Was it Seaver?

6. doubledown68

Good guess, but no.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Journalist called it. Johnny Carson. He turned it down.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

1 is Larson, correct?

9. mpcincal

1. I think it was Gentry

2. That photo looked like Koufax to me.

3. Have no idea. I'd have to look at the movie again to see.

10. mpcincal

In "The Godfather" series, which actor used his real name as his character's name?

11. doubledown68

Well done. And honestly, I have no idea why I remembered No. 3. Probably for instances such as this.

Draft saved Draft deleted