1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New forum software

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Dec 13, 2014.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So members can be banned from specific threads? That's very interesting.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Thank you, Jeff. I'll just deal with it after Christmas. :)

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thank you for all your hard work in making this site roll; very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can every be of assistance.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Been away for minute and all crap breaks out. LOL. It has a nice look and will take some adjusting, especially on the eyes with all of the white space.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I feel you, Drip. I was gone for the weekend and let out a "GAH!" when I opened the page this morning.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's the way to do it. With escalating penalties: one week, two weeks,
    a month ... and then, for the fourth foul, a permanent ban from the thread.

And then announce any ban on the thread: "Riptide has earned a one-week suspension from this thread."

It would be fair, and it would be interesting to observe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Images and Quotes BB Code should be fixed now. I'll try to fix the YouTube links in the next few days so they're embeds rather than links...

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Jeff, having fun yet? What a whiny bunch! :) Sure will take some getting used to, but let's not get too carried away with hating it just yet. Though the white space does make my eyes hurt. Is there a way to adjust our color scheme?

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, seems my last post on this topic disappeared. And I got a trophy for someone "liking" a post of mine, but there is no record of this "like."

Don't worry, I'm on the case.

BDC99 likes this.
  10. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

I deleted the insult and followup comments on it and warned the OP. You didn't get notified because only the OP was warned.

Not a problem if someone says they disagree with me or don't like the software, but no need to troll the other users like that...

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Jeff, can you do something about the smiley faces? Those creepy little buggers are going to haunt my dreams. Thx. :)

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Hey, heads up, I can see a PM to staff that I'm guessing should be private on "Recent Activity"

Draft saved Draft deleted