1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New forum software

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is the site down for mobile?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Something tells me this design migration is going to give Jeff a grad-course level look into the minds of disgruntled journalists.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I also miss the "Show new replies to posts," or whatever it was called.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I just think it's cool that I already have three followers and three dozen trophy points.
    Fart is here to compete.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Let's talk "conversations," otherwise knows as PMs.

Is there any way to mark ALL read at once, rather than go through page by page, selecting all, then marking them read?

Dyno likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Shottie, I think there is something similar. Click on your username, then Preferences. Under Browsing Preferences there is an option for threads you have posted in and being notified of replies to your posts. The default for both check boxes is OFF (unchecked). That might fix what you want, maybe not exactly, but close.

Jeff likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Minor question but one whose answer would probably please the membership: How does Fart log out?

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Find the Delete Account button.
    Push the Delete Account button.

Songbird likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I had 15,000 and am now a new member.
    I'm sad.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I miss the little drop down menu that used to be at the bottom of the page that allowed you to jump from one forum to the next. I'm having to go back to the main forum page to jump from one to the next. Am I missing something?

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Also on topic:

I miss the number of posts. It was always nice to see when we approached 3,000 posts, 4,000, etc.

And what's this with having to log in again and again?

I did like some features of this site, but I'm almost ready to say go back to the old site. :(

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Guess I need to say something so I'm not a newbie ...

Thanks for the tip on how to change to Pacific Time. I'll mess around with my "preferences" when I have more time.

As a luddite, I usually fear change. But one I'd like (from the SportsJournalists.com football poll thread) is the ability to use tabs in posts. I see it still doesn't work.

Welcome/good luck to the new owner, Jeff.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted