1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Got $2.29 today in North Texas.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

BP station down the road from the office is at 1.99.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2.65 in Central Maryland but .40 off each gallon from gas points fromt the grocry store

4. joe

joe Active Member

We're going to be in a world of hurt when the Saudis get done flooding the market. I see $4-plus for a gallon in our future.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Then fill up while you can!

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This is the biggest indicator that gas is headed back to under $2 a gallon very soon. The wholesale price is at $1.64. Add the state and federal tax and voila, there's your pump price. In Texas, that comes out to $2.02.

The cheapest I saw today was $2.22 at a truck stop north of McKinney. Tomorrow it'll be lower.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So looking at my previous posts, it seems the lag time between spot prices and when they reach the pump is about a week on the downhill side. (Of course, when it's on the upslope, the change is instantaneous.) So I expect sub-$2 gas about the time I hit the road for the holidays.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I felt good paying $2.35 today. Last week, it was $2.42.

I look forward to even lower prices.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Paid $2.43 this evening. It was down to $2.37 when I came past later tonight.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Down to $2.12 here.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

As low as $1.89 in Joplin. $2.19 where I live, but it's a Dillion's/Kroger with gas and I've got a truckload of fuel points, so my next tank will cost at least 35 cents a gallon less than that. And if I buy some gift cards there, that's 2x points on the face value (a $50 card would get me another 100 points, which is another dime off). Just in time for the long trip home for the holidays.

Draft saved Draft deleted