1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I thought Frozen was better than Tangled, but I've only seen Tangled in multiple installments, never all in one viewing (same with Frozen, but I've seen Frozen so many more times, I know it pretty well by damn heart).

2. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Watched two movies today:
    Sin City: A Dame To Kill For was a revenge movie that was a bit misguided but still bloody fun for those who like Frank Miller's style.

Reese Witherspoon and Laura Dern are both excellent in ‪‎Wild‬, which plays the right emotional chords to help you empathize with the central character, Cheryl.

3. Because there was more action in all of them.

And reboots in general are bullshit. You wanna resurrect a franchise 20 years later? Fine. But it is horseshit to "reboot" a franchise that's been steadily running for a decade.
    I paid to watch all the previous movies and now you are telling me none of this happened? And you told me in a crappy way - 'cause that movie sucked.

- pissed off fan -

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Honestly, I thought The Last Stand did a lot more to piss on the franchise, especially with the crappy way they handled Cyclops, but to each his own.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Don Jon. Pretty damn hilarious. Tony Danza was great.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I understand why a lot of people were pissed about the reboot. But for me, weirdly, having a messed-up continuity made it feel a lot more like the comic-book version.

7. Has anyone seen Birdman?

Several nominations, including best picture. I don't know anyone who saw it. Leads to me think its prolly artsy crap (aka Death to Smoochy).

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It's the best movie I've seen this year. The acting and direction/editing are incredible. I know a bunch of people who have seen it, and most of them liked/loved it.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yes. Saw it early in the run. It's quite engrossing. The ending's a tad bizarre, but if you enjoyed the ride to that point, you don't mind.

Movies about acting, and Keaton back from the dead . . . obvious Oscar bait. Keaton's favored for best actor in every professional odds line I've seen.

Loved the handheld-camera work. Drove me over the moon.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Thought the original Sin City was the best movie of its year. This was a terrible disappointment, but you could smell that, given how long they took their sweet time releasing it. Still had its moments, but what might have been.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I rented it from Redbox last week and I was also disappointed. Not at all up to the quality of the original.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Finally got around to X-Men: Days of Future Past last night and really enjoyed it, despite some derivative plot devices (it's not much different from Terminator 2 and 3, really, in terms of general plot). Great interplay between the young and old versions of characters.

It was fun to see Iceman and Colossus at their full powers, though disappointing to see them both die twice.

Draft saved Draft deleted