1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 11, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The hack of Sony, including the leak of internal emails, is getting more attention, including this exchange, which is being reported everywhere:

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm moderately impressed Pascal didn't try to deflect attention to the hack and owned up to the emails.

On an tangential note, the hack revealed Sony and Marvel have had discussions about Spider Man appearing in the next Captain America movie, and possibly even having Marvel produce the next set of Spider Man movies, though no agreement was reached.

3. YankeeFan

Great line from Mark Steyn:

it’s basically, it’s basically one step above watermelon gags

http://www.hughhewitt.com/mark-steyn-leaked-sony-emails-hillarys-campaign-problems/

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I texted a friend who has worked at Sony for decades, asking whether she would be sacked before or after the holidays. He claims she is bullet proof. We'll see. Joking about blacks when you have a position of authority is an unpardonable sin.

5. joe

joe Active Member

But, but, but her apology was so sincere. As are all politician and sports figure apologies.

6. YankeeFan

Well, it won't be the emails that get her fired -- if it was, she'd already be gone -- it will be the reaction to them.

Sharpton has spoken out. Will others? Will Hollywood elite?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think the whole hacking episode raises a journalism ethics question.

There's no doubt they emails are now public due to a criminal act. Should legit news operations like the LAT be spinning off seperate stories based on these illegally obtained documents?

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I had a cynic tell me that she thinks that the whole SONY hack is a marketing scheme to sell a crappy movie.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Other than the stakes, is it different than Snowden?

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

No one seems to like Angelina Jolie, so that results in some good stuff.
    Also there's this exchange. . .
    I think we can all agree that Adam Driver would be terrible in Star Wars

[​IMG]

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Few seemed to have a problem doing news stories on private conversations of Donald Sterling.

So far it seems like the media is providing a bit of cover for Pascal and not calling for
    her resignation.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The media has a first amendment right to invade your privacy.

Draft saved Draft deleted