1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA Basketball Thread 2014-15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 14, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Calipari thinks Drew is sleazy.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kentucky v Columbia tonight.

Thats all right, thats OK, We'll invest your money some day

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Either Maodo Lo scores 40 or Kentucky wins by 40. Columbia could have been decent this year if Alex Rosenberg didn't go down with an injury before the start of the year.

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

FTFY

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

While I generally agree with you, even when you're dealing with different shades of gray some are much darker than others.

If we agree that the whole thing is shady, then can we also agree that when several prominent programs choose not to recruit an extremely talented kid because of all the sketchiness around him, that it's a strong indication his mess is worse than most?

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I thought teams didn't recruit him because he sucks and shoots too much. [/crossthread]

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Columbia owning Kentucky.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Nebraska just lost to something called Incarnate Word.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yup, the Big Ten is wrapping itself in glory this week. (At least Incarnate Word is a D-I program, believe it or not.)

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Nebraska was supposed to be pretty good too.

I know Michigan has lost a lot of talent the past couple of years, but I expected Beilein to 1.) have a pretty steady stream of decent players coming through and 2.) have a team that executes even if it doesn't have superior talent.

From what I've seen Michigan seems to have no post presence this year.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Penn State's the weakest, shakiest 9-1 you could ever imagine. Escaped Duquesne at the buzzer tonight.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Interesting story out of Raleigh yesterday where Wofford beat N.C. State by a point after the officiating crew reviewed a last second, game-winning Wolfpack shot and decided it came a split second too late.

The call was correct, but what intrigues me is that it was Karl Hess' first N.C. State game in nearly three years. The ACC apparently was keeping him away after he inexplicably ejected Tom Gugliotta and Chris Coricianni from an FSU-N.C. State game in 2012. I follow ACC basketball fairly close and had no idea the league had kept him away from State for that long.

And Hess called a strance tech on Mark Gottfried about 4 minutes into yesterday's game.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/12/14/4403876/an-eventful-return-to-nc-state.html

Draft saved Draft deleted