1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If anyone sees Robert Plant getting the shit beat out of him.......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

this would be why.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/led-zeppelins-robert-plant-turns-4595788

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Great. Now Branson can spend a fraction of that to get The Jam to reunite and go on tour.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe Branson will put him on the next test flight to outer space.
    .....over the hills and far away

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

As a Zeppelin fan, I'd like to thank Plant for this. I have no interesting in seeing a geriatric Page and Plant on stage stumbling through some half-hearted effort purely to pocket some Branson dough. That should not be anyone's last memory of Zeppelin on stage.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Absolutely agree. I never saw Led Zeppelin, they were my favorite band growing up, and seeing a washed up Plant/Page tour about 15 years ago was disappointing.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Agreed. While seeing one of the shows would indeed be intriguing, the music is better served by listening to the recorded music or if you want the visual, watch one of the many videos of the band in their 70s prime.

Better than seeing a clear step down in person, where time and age has sapped away some of the magic and the ability.

Wish The Half a Who would follow the same lead.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I remember having a similar thought at the Rolling Stones "Steel Wheels" tour back in '89.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

“If you think Mick Jagger will be out there trying to be a rock star at age 50, you are sadly, sadly mistaken.”-Almost Famous

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I saw Plant and Page in 1995 and they were old as fuck back then.

Led Zeppelin is my favorite band of all-time, but I can't say I'm upset that he doesn't feel like doing it at age 66.

Zeppelin has failed miserably to try to find someone to tour with them as a singer. Didn't Steven Tyler audition? I heard something about Rod Stewart doing it. What a joke.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Plant can talk all he wants about his solo career, not wanting to betray Bonham's memory, etc., but I've long suspected the reason he's declined more than "one-off" Zeppelin reunions is because he can no longer do the singing.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I seem to recall David Coverdale begging.....almost pleading to do it.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its either him, or my ears..

Draft saved Draft deleted