1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

Saw Drive-By Truckers at the Ryman Auditorium on Oct. 30. Third row from the stage. John Oates came out and played a song with them.
    Band called Hound Mouth opened. Pretty damn good. Best $31 I've spent in awhile.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Rundgren: Outstanding performance. And yet, when I want to hear "Hello It's Me," "It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference" and "We Gotta Get You A Woman," I don't expect Edwin Starr's "War," Clarence Carter's "Patches" and ... "Muskrat Love."

Play. Your. Hits.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Oh, man that would be a fun show.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I saw Houndmouth when they opened for Alabama Shakes summer of 2013. Their single "On the Road" was getting some play on Sirius/XM "The Spectrum" channel at the time, too. Really liked them.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Had similar reactions when we went to see Todd in 2000. The only thing off "Something/Anything" he played was "Couldn't I Just Tell You" (a great song, BTW). And he played "Bang on the Drum" on ukulele.

I seem to recall a ton of Utopia stuff on that tour, and yes, a few oddball covers. That's what you get with Todd. Great singer/songwriter/guitarist, but definitely does things his own way.

Would have liked to see his recent tour when he played "A Wizard, A True Star" in its entirety. My favorite Rundgren album.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Van Morrison does the same thing.

7. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Last:

Springsteen, Hershey, PA, last May. Went to Civil War museum in Harrisburg the next day. Nice places to visit.

Next: Fleetwood Mac, sometime on this current tour. #PlaySilverSprings

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Saw a mention on an Allman Brothers message board that yesterday was the 35th anniversary of The Who show in Cincinnati where 11 fans died in the crush to get in.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Tonight, Sonny Landreth and Cindy Cashdollar.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Patiently waiting for U2 presale in 10 minutes.

Seeing Ryan Adams next Wednesday.

Colin Hay is coming here in a few months. May do that. Haven't seen him since the Men at Work days.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The search function really sucks.

Anyway ...

You go to a Chris Brown concert to chill and drink and groove along and duck, yo!

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

2015 New Orleans Jazzfest lineup was announced yesterday. Pretty good group of headliners.

Friday, April 24: Keith Urban, Wilco, Tedeschi-Trucks Band
    Saturday, April 25: The Who, Robert Cray, Ryan Adams
    Sunday, April 26: Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga
    Thursday, April 30: Widespread Panic, Allison Krauss and Union Station
    Friday, May 1: No Doubt, Chicago
    Saturday, May 2: Elton John, Ed Sheeran, Jerry Lee Lewis
    Sunday, May 3: Steve Winwood, The Radiators, The Original Meters and a headliner TBA

Parlor game guesses for the TBA include Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Madonna, Bob Dylan. I confess that until yesterday I had never heard of Ed Sheeran, but apparently he's the hottest thing going in the UK right now. And, yes, I know The Who are a shell of their former greatness, but it will be nice to see them again for nostalgia purposes, if nothing else.

Draft saved Draft deleted