1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COVERING Election Day

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by I Should Coco, Nov 4, 2014.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I just don't believe you or you worked at the worst sports department in America.

I can tell you, right now, what's going to be on the sports front of almost any paper in the country weeks going on months in advance. Anyone with a calendar and rudimentary sports knowledge could.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Do you have the copy and photos by 6?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Baron's a lost cause here.

All because he didn't get a fucking slice of cardboard with cheese on top.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And a congratulatory email. Can't forget that part.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Cardboard! With cheese?

I prefer my pizza to be saltine crackers with slightly warmed cheez whiz on top. [/crossthread]

As to the other, three to four nights a week, the CPs would be in by 6. If God was gracious that week, it would be six of seven, with the lone holdout being Friday night football.

You act like putting out a sports section is rocket surgery or something. Sports sections, and really all newspapers, follow a formula with little room for innovation or really doing something different.

6. Baron Scicluna

Which shows my point again. If it's not rocket surgery, then why is such a fuss made for Election Night?

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of a scene in Backdraft where Scott Glenn's character asks the stubborn character played by Kurt Russell, "Bull, do you ever wonder why you never made it past Lieutenant?"

Baron, did you ever wonder why you're the only one continuing to make such an ill-informed argument?

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

9. Baron Scicluna

And nobody has done anything to actually refute it other than insult or give out anecdotes about how they work hard.

Point out, exactly, how my point that you quoted is inaccurate. Heck, Jay just admitted that 3 to 4 of his center pieces for the week are in by 6. For News, it's 7 out of 7, unless it's something major.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Really what?

11. Mr. Sunshine

Good luck, Baron.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, you intimated that nobody else leaned toward his take on this.

Draft saved Draft deleted