1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

79 percent positive from critics, 89 percent positive from audiences. I have not seen it yet and was simply stating a fact that you are in the minority. Your opinion is noted.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I saw it. A not-too-bad attempt at making a different sort of war film, ruined by the final scene. Calling that amazingly stupid is actually pretty kind.

Not that I mind conventional war movies (or Brad Pitt killing a zillion SS troopers, all of whom are perfectly kitted up and look like they just got sidetracked from marching into Poland on September 2, 1939). But it feels like an ending that the studio insisted on.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep -- she's typecasting herself as "Rosie O'Donnell's even brassier and much more obnoxious cousin," and hopefully there's a limited market for repugnant characters of that ilk.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was Bill Murray in St. Vincent?
    I just glanced at the trailer a couple of times and thought it was great that Creed from "The Office" had a starring role in a movie.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I agree. An at times compelling movie, I thought the feeling of the film, framed by the actors' performances was the best part of the movie. The action sequences were well done, however the climax was the weakest part IMHO.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Birdman is the best movie I've seen this year. The technical ability to make that movie is incredible, and then the acting was great all around. This is my favorite performance from Norton.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gone Girl. Trippy little movie.

Always love Affleck, and Glad to see Doogie Howser play someone with hard edge.

Was fixin to walk out after 30 minutes but stuck with it and am glad I did. Like Neil Patrick Harris, I would like to see Perry do a little more of this too. Pike delivered too.

Can see why Fincher likes Rezner.

8. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I finally saw Gone Girl tonight. It's a friggin' rollercoaster ride of twists and turns that left me wanting more. One f-ed up ending. Affleck was great, Pike turned in an Oscar-worthy performance.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It will be interesting if Affleck gets nominated. I think he's deserving, but I also think he's taken for granted.

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

John Wick was highly entertaining.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I found all the camera stuff very distracting. So distracting in fact, that I thought I didn't like the movie. I've since revised my opinion on it overall, but as someone who gets nauseated by handheld camera work, it was tough for me to watch. I agree that that acting was great. Norton and Keaton were fantastic, but I have to knock off a star for the style.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, I'm definitely on the complete opposite side of things when it comes to the camera work. I was blown away by it.

Draft saved Draft deleted