1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 10 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 27, 2014.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I turned the game off as soon as I saw the initial play because I didn't feel like watching all the replays I was assuming they'd show. Seeing it once was enough.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

They didn't show the replay multiple times to show the guy's ankle break, they did it to show the fumble.

What a gut-wrenching way for Ole Miss to lose, but then that happens a lot against Auburn it seems.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How do you make 60,000 people simultaneously ask WTF just happened?
    That play.
    Wonder how many of those fans saw them tending to Treadwell and didn't even realize the play was being reviewed?
    That ending was like having Kate Upton staring naked at you with a come hither look, only to have a jealous Justin Verlander bean you in the back of the head with a 98 mph fastball.

A question, though ... Could that, or should that, have been called a horse collar tackle? I know the defender got him by the jersey and dragged him down, but the effect was the same. He pulled him down from behind and fell on the guy's ankle. It was a textbook horse collar, except for the fact his hands weren't actually inside the shoulder pads.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

The way his body twisted, it looked like a horse collar tackle, but it wasn't. You have to tackle higher up on the body for it to be a horse collar. It was an unfortunate ending to the tackle, but he had him around the waist area and simply drug him down.

5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Only a nice guy like Richt will throw a hack like Huston Mason out there to ruin a potential title team when he's got a couple of young guns that might actually know how to throw a ball accurately more than 12 yards.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You don't mind stereotyping 83,000 people, do you?

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Mason threw for more than 300 yards without making a turnover. He's not a stiff.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Now, for all the times 106,000 people in State College, Pa., have been stereotyped, I find that quaint.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

54 seconds of Spurrier. Poor guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fIq16Vq2Ng

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The fact that people STILL believe there is ANY tangible difference between 98 percent of the nation's fan bases is absurd.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Welcome to the SEC, Mr. Joshua Dobbs.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He's so burnt out. Wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up after this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted