1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 World Series thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 21, 2014.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thank you and the feeling is mutual. Unlike obnoxious Dodger fan or the dreaded Yankee fan who act so entitled, I am impressed with the genuineness of the KC crowd. I told my buddy last night that if the Giants were not in this WS, I would have been rooting for KC. I really thought that the Royals would fold either after Gm. 1 (Rockies '07) or after Gm. 4 after being up 4-1. Hats off to the Royals.

But for one more night here's hoping the Giants take out the Royals.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I want the winning run to be set up by a productive out followed by a sacrifice bunt. Bonus points if the run scores against a closer who was brought into a high-leverage situation in the sixth inning.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good Heavens, he is a train wreck out there.

I'm thinking 5-2 Royals.

And, just like I said when KC beat Baltimore, I will be very very interested to hear Dennys call. I really hope he mentions Fred.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Perez starting in left. This issue led to a funny tweet from SF Chronicle's Henry Schulman, who has endured an entire season of people ripping into the idea of Perez even being on the roster:

Henry Schulman @hankschulman · Oct 28
    Well, now I can retire because I have seen everything. Tweeps complaining no Juan Perez in the lineup. #SFGiants

(This is the smart move though.)

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ishikawa did not have a great game last night in the field and his bat has not been that big a threat. Here's hoping Perez gets to ride the wave from Gm. 5. If Lemke can be a post-season hero, who not Perez? Or Morse? Or Blanco? Somebody, please...

6. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

All is fair in Game 7 :)

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tonight's game is pretty simple with Huddy, much like it was with Peavy, will he pitch from ahead in the count or behind? I saw warning signs from the start because looked like Peavy was not getting ahead in the count early.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Go Freddie Go.

I would love to have (in addition to) Saberhagen and Brett of course.....

Jim Sundberg
    John Wathan
    Buddy Biancalana
    Frank White
    Steve Balboni (Considering he's a scout for the Giants.....prolly won't happen)
    Lonnie Smith
    Willie Wilson
    Jorge Orta
    Dane Iorg
    Danny Jackson
    Larry Gura
    Darryl Motley
    Dennis Leonard
    Bud Black

...all show up.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but aren't Quisenberry and Howser the only ones that are deceased from the 85 squad........

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Here's an old thread that gets super funny right here:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/2901291/

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ah, good times.

High stakes for oop here -- he really wants the Royals to win, but the Royals winning destroys his whole worldview.

Might as well live-tweet a Stillers practice.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Freaking Oz.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted