1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBSSports.com Posts Multiple Writer/Blogger Jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Cigar56, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

I don't have the complete list of openings, but it looks like CBS is loading up with new talent.

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=cbs+interactive+sport&l=

http://www.americasjobexchange.com/job-detail/job-opening-AJE-568433969?source=indeed&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Indeed

2. valpo87

valpo87 Guest

Oooooh ... (digs through clips frantically).

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I wonder if the national writing jobs require you to relocate to the areas listed.

4. SportsWriter23

SportsWriter23 New Member

I was also wondering if these require relocation. Anyone know? I don't see why it would be needed for a national site.

5. Are we sure these are national writing jobs? They sound more like aggregation/buzz jobs.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yep, aggregation/buzz jobs disguised as national writing jobs. CBS shoved two respected, knowledgeable baseball writers -- Danny Knobler and Scott Miller -- out the door last winter. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Frankly, CBS' management of its sports site strikes me as an extremely inept.

7. Simon

Simon Active Member

I believe, for the most part, these jobs are already filled. They're moving some of their current writers from contract work to full-time and are required to post the jobs.

8. valpo87

valpo87 Guest

(Puts clips back in place).

9. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust any job at CBS Sports and I have several friends in high-profile jobs there.

If you're Pete Prisco or Jeremy Fowler, that's one thing. Most of these other jobs are rewriting stories other people did so CBS can post them on their site. They usually pay less than most prep jobs and job security is non-existent. You also don't get benefits.

11. Tdell8

Tdell8 New Member

So you're sayin' there's a chance...

Draft saved Draft deleted