1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter- Goldsboro, NC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Mar 6, 2014.

1. FusilliJerry

FusilliJerry Member

This was reposted today on JournalismJobs.com.

2. AllenEtzler

AllenEtzler New Member

We've bumped this back up. The hire we were going to make fell through. I'm part of the sports dept. here and can answer any questions you might have.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1525904

3. PioneerVoice

PioneerVoice Member

Aaaaaaand, again.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1525904

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Yikes. What a professional.

5. AMM333

AMM333 New Member

So this job has been posted four times in the past seven months? If nothing else, that alone just screams of a giant red flag

6. TWilliams161

TWilliams161 New Member

Is this still a paper that prints around noon each day?

7. JordanA

JordanA Member

When I interviewed there late last year, it was.

8. AtlChris35

AtlChris35 New Member

I interviewed here at the end of June. Told them from the first phone interview I didn't have any layout experience, but that I felt confident I could learn quickly. The SE told me that wasn't a problem at all. They have a Saturday rotation and that was the only time I would have to, and they wouldn't ask me to until they had trained me and I felt comfortable. They brought me in for an interview which I felt went really well. The SE told several of my references they were going to offer me the job. Then a week went by and didn't hear anything. Then the job was reposted on jjobs so I reached out and they said thanks for coming all that way but they really need someone who could do layouts.

Lots of other red flags with this job that I won't get in to because some of it wasn't said to me but to my references. Left the experience thinking I had dodged a bullet by not getting the job.

9. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

From reading your experience, it's quite possible someone else (an experienced page designer) left and they needed to fill that necessity first.

Draft saved Draft deleted