1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret Santa update

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 8, 2014.

1. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

I'm very excited to announce that the old Secret Santa has entrusted me with the keys to the kingdom for the upcoming holiday season. As a long-time SS participant myself, I hated the thought of losing this gift exchange, which is probably my favorite thing about this site.

If you've taken part before, you know the drill. In November, I'll make a post asking people to send me a note if they're interested in joining. A week or so later, pairings will go out.

If you've never done it, I really encourage you to give it a try. It's a lot of fun.

I'll plan to start the official thread on Nov 1 and send pairings out by Sunday, Nov. 16. That gives everyone about six weeks to shop and send.

Questions? Suggestions? Have at it. Feel free to post here or PM me. Thanks.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking this on, new Secret Santa!

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Glad to see the baton has been passed. Thanks, Secret Santa!

Now I better start being good ...

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I think it's a little too late for that ...

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Dare I ask who the new SS is? The old one's identity was well known, and I felt I could trust her with my personal info. Some people around here, I don't feel the same way about them.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This.

But I trust that IJAG wouldn't just pick anyone from the board to run SS.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You know, it's so secretive, it could still be IJAG.

8. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

;)

I'm happy to out myself -- screen name, real name or both -- to anyone who would feel more comfortable that way. Just shoot me a PM.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dammit, you fuckers. I had to come here because y'all don't trust me to make a good choice?

The new SS is a gem. A gold nugget in this shitshow of a site. He/she is trustworthy and is someone you all would/will/should trust.

He/she will still tell you if you want. But trust me when I tell you I wouldn't let someone like Vombatus run this.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Sorry! It had to be said, though, because this place has become a shitshow.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

But what about the kids who got a secret tingle when the old Secret Santa scolded them?

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I love the Christmas season. Looking forward to it. Happy holidays everyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted