1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LCS & World Series predictions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by joe, Oct 8, 2014.

?

Who wins the ALCS and NLCS?

1. ALCS

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Orioles

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Royals

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. NLCS

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Cardinals

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Giants

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If it's the Cardinals, the focus is still on PEDs.

2. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I was kind of rooting for the Nats up until Bryce Harper's bullshit antics following his game-tying HR vs. Strickland in the NLDS. Giants ain't gonna forget that one, Eye Black. I'll say the Royals keep the mojo going, beat Baltimore in six. Giants over Cardinals in six then Giants with the sweep in a snooze of a series.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Orioles over KC in 6.
    StL over SF in 7.

O's over StL in 6.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Some people are so sensitive regarding the Harper stare down.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

"I respect him giving me another 3-1 heater. That takes a lot of cojones.”

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Harper is definitely the kind of player you can only root for if he is on your team. As a Nats fan (my NL team) and a resident of the DMV, Harper is guy we rarely see. Not as fun as Riggins, not as menacing as Ewing, not as intense as Bernie King, not as surly as Eddie Murray, but he has the potential to be a nice combination. A needed sports character here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You know, as a Giants honk, that didn't bother me. Strickland was going along with the macho man thing too, and he lost. And without Harper the Nats wouldn't have been close to being in that series.

Maybe I feel different if the whole series turns out different, but that's just how some guys are.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's what he said after the game, but it's not what he said during the game. I think it was that outburst Giants fans saw and not many read the quote after the game. I can't read lips, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't shouting "I respect you for throwing me a challenge pitch, bro!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The Royals have frayed my nerves, caused me to lose sleep, grin like an idiot and twice jump up and down in my living room screaming (in a good way, for once) all in the last two weeks.

It's everything I thought it could be, and then some. I don't want it to end, which is good enough reason for me to believe it won't.

Royals over Baltimore and SF in 6.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I would love to see Bochy v. Yost; Yost would end up with Finnegan v Posey with the winning run on 3B.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I like whatever AL team makes the World Series. May as well go with the upstart KC Royals to win it all.

In another surprise, Fox is lowering itself to broadcast the first NLCS game Saturday night, instead of kicking it over to some obscure cable channel.

What, no MMA cage match is available?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Awesome. Enjoy the ride.

Draft saved Draft deleted