1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 23, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They still piled up a lot of yards.

Any offense without a running game is one-dimensional.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

McCoy ran for 1,600 yards last year. He's been ass this year, but let's not act like Kelly is using his controller to call four verts on every play.

3. outofplace

I haven't seen enough to be sure, but if I remember correctly, the Eagles managed to keep the same starting five on the offensive line for every game last season and this year that group has been a mess. That sounds like a much larger part of the problem than the scheme.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Patriots' offense looks like ass this year.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

No shit. They're still running, but they're not getting anywhere. Against any mediocre defense, they can't do much. McCoy has 29 carries for 39 yards the past two games. Trent Richardson laughs at those numbers.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Patriots are getting embarrassed by a team that got its ass kicked by the Titans three weeks ago.

7. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

The NFL is a diminished product through its quarter point. Not only has it gone through its domestic violence issues, but the league is now also facing a complete dearth of competitive games, especially in prime time.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Good god, man, this is ugly.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Tom Brady said he'll retire when he starts to suck, so, um …

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

213 yards -- almost half of it on one failed drive -- is a lot? On what planet?
    I'm not sounding the death knell of the Eagles. They had a bad day against a good defense. It happens once or twice a year to every team. But they did not do anything offensively in that game that deserves praise.

As for the running game, others have pointed out the main reason -- the injuries on the offensive line. By the end of the Redskins game, after Peters was ejected in the brawl, they were completely out of linemen.

12. outofplace

I already explained this once. I'm talking about the run-and-shoot in general, not the Eagles Sunday. I disagree with Sunshine's comparison and I don't think the Eagles' problem is the scheme. I think it is the mess on the offensive line.

Draft saved Draft deleted