1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F-ck it; I quit

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Baron Scicluna, Sep 22, 2014.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Again, I produce a TV newscast. I can't even imagine the thought process that concludes it's OK to completely fuck over all of your co-workers to this degree.

Screw her.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How are her co-workers fucked over, besides the momentary embarrassment of the anchor following her?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Clueless.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Exactly. How long did she work with her co-workers? She shit all over every one of them. She screwed over good people to swear her allegiance to pot. She deserves nothing but shit.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Because presumably they care about their work, and she just shit all over it publicly.

Let me put it this way -- if you are the sports editor of the newspaper and somehow someone on your staff sneaks in late and changes the banner headline across the top of your page to "Fuck Her Right in the Pussy!", and that's the page that gets delivered to your subscribers... do you not feel fucked over by that worker? That's your page that just became a national joke because someone you worked with closely thought it would get her some attention.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

To Baron, it's management's fault for making her life so stressful that she had to turn to the magic weed in the first place.

7. JPsT

JPsT Member

I don't at all agree with "she can't have enough bad shit happen to her", but wouldn't you agree that this affects the station's image in the community? Sources and viewers in the region surely have heard about this, since we have.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I would:
    [​IMG]

because wake-and-bake romps are awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Baron Scicluna

Depends on how management/corporate has treated both myself and that worker in the past. More likely, I'd be fairly amused. It's not my fault some worker got so disgruntled that they decided to do something stupid.

I didn't see it as her shitting on her workers. I saw it as her being a disgruntled employee who decided to quit in a way that burned her bridge with her bosses.

11. Baron Scicluna

in this day and age, not really. I would think they would have enough critical thinking skills to know that it's just a disgruntled employee instead of a normal station policy. If anything, they might be wondering why the employee decided to do that in such a public way and may want to scrutinize the station even more for how they treat employees.

Did you think that Sue Simmons permanently destroyed NBC New York's reputation by her gaffe? Hell no. Most people were rather amused by it, especially from someone who has been an institution at the station for 30 some-odd years.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You never disappoint.

Draft saved Draft deleted