1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I noticed that when I looked at the game the other day.

I've thought about switching, too, but it's not financially feasible for me right now. Maybe come tax time, I'll pull the trigger and get a PS4. Until then, my PS3 is still running pretty damn well. And like a lot of you folks, my gaming time will be cut now that prep football is in full swing.

2. KYSportsWriter

Not sure to what extent this is staged, but this is epic.

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/08/25/awesome-video-dad-runs-over-video-game-addicted-sons-games-with-riding-lawnmower-epic-meltdown-ensues/

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I thought it was hilarious but there's no way that's real.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I pulled the trigger on the Xbone Madden bundle at Target last week. With Red card savings and all, it didn't come out too bad. I picked up Titan Fall with the gift card, but I hardly play it as Madden is too damn awesome.

Madden 15 is such a huge upgrade over Madden 13 and 25.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I picked one up too Mad. I'm enjoying Madden a lot so far.

6. Madhavok

Sweet. We'll have to play each other sometime as you can finally do 'play a friend' online.

I'm loving connected career finally. I hated it with '13.

7. KYSportsWriter

What's better about it?

8. Madhavok

You can play as a coach, player or owner (maybe you could last year, I briefly played 25). Fantasy draft.
    Visually it's great.
    Defensive line is overpowered though. Hopefully it gets fixed in a patch.

Still figuring out two player offline franchise mode - can't find it or make it work. Maybe it's not there. Sigh.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

No 2-player offline franchise mode would definitely be a bummer.

10. Madhavok

Yeah. That's why I was so bummed out on '13 and '25. My friend and I would pick two teams in the same division, sim all the games except the ones against each other. It was a great time during winter/crappy days when we couldn't ride our bikes. But, knowing we have sort of stopped doing that, I was OK with no offline 2-player franchise mode. I'll let you know if I find it.

Through seven games, I have 19 sacks with Mario Williams to put the defensive line power into perspective. I'm on All-Pro which is harder than year's past. Probably bump back up to All-Madden in a game or two now that I have finally figured out how to score points.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Are you playing Madden on a PS4 or PS3/Xbox?
    I know it's popular to criticize the Madden franchise but M25 was a real piece of shit.
    Hard to imagine a football game that is not fun to play but EA managed to accomplish it last year.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Didn't play 25 but 13 was pretty awful. 13 convinced me I should only go NCAA games the rest of the way. But of course, will have to revert back to Madden at some point. So happy to hear it's much better.

Draft saved Draft deleted