1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shows you can and can't watch in reruns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Aug 27, 2014.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I hardly watch any television, but I'll watch reruns of all the "Star Trek" shows, except, oddly, the original series, if they're on.

"I Love Lucy" is, and always will be, good, too. I would also watch "The Wonder Years" and "Boy Meets World."

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Most ST:TOS episodes, to me, are just laughably bad, with a bare handful of exceptions. Even the much-maligned and trashed 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture,' the worst of all ST movies, would have been in the top 5 episodes of TOS if it had been broken into a 2-part teevee episode.

3. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

"Family Guy" and "Big Bang Theory" are grating after a couple of viewings....

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Shows I can watch on rerun: Burn Notice, Big Bang, Modern Family, Psych, Covert Affairs, NCIS (it's how I got hooked on it, watching it on USA; never have watched an episode during the season), Friends, Boy Meets World, Full House, Cheers, The Walking Dead ... etc.

Shows I can't: 24, Family Guy (unless it's the first few seasons), among others.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

There are episodes of The Andy Griffith show I've seen at least a dozen times and still stop to watch if I come across it on the guide.

Lost, I have no interest in rewatching, and I liked it the first time through and was relatively satisfied with the finale. I'll rewatch some serialized shows on DVD or Netflix, but I don't think I'll ever watch Lost again.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The wife and I have all of the X-Files seasons on DVD, and watch a few episodes each month.

I'd say the "freak of the week" episodes hold up better than the UFO conspiracy ones. Lots of inside jokes and humor along with some interesting storylines.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Shows my wife and I watch on rerun quite a bit of:

All of the Law & Order franchises (although I thought the original jumped the shark when Jack McCoy moved up to become DA)
    NCIS
    Cold Case
    CSI (much prefer the William Peterson days)
    Criminal Minds (at least my wife does; I find it a little too creepy for my taste)
    Castle

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Used to love LA Law, but that show, and other lawyer shows (outside of L&O) just don't interest me. When I heard there is discussion about a Full House remake, it made me think of The Bradys. Those who would watch it wouldn't expect similar plots for the show's heyday, and neither do they want to know that the characters they watched as kids deal with real-life problems.

One of the few shows I'll watch in reruns is Leverage. It is interesting to rewatch shows in their first year that go on for several more as a hit - the actors seem to act less, the characters either "even out" or a characteristic is hammered even more to make them one dimensional. (Fonzie, Frasier, Alex Keaton and plenty more)

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'll watch re-runs of King of Queens as long as they feel like showing it. Same with Seinfeld. I usually fall asleep to KoQ, Everybody Loves Raymond, or Sanford and Son; whichever one happens to be on at the time.

I'd like to go back and watch My Name is Earl again. And Ed.

10. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Friday Night Lights is currently being shown on the Pivot Channel (DirectTV channel 267). Never gets old.

Criminal Minds is one I've gained a modest interest in through its syndication run. Some of those eps are really dark.

Seinfeld is an obvious one. The Wire had a run on Direct TV for a couple of spins. Showed all five seasons twice in about a year, running back-to-back eps on Sunday nights before it disappeared.

West Wing used to be on Bravo from 7-9 in the mornings before all the Housewives shows took over the airwaves.

11. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I had never watched West Wing until it was on Bravo. I was pissed when they took it off.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Being a heterosexual adult male, once they got rid of West Wing, I cannot possibly imagine any earthly reason I would ever watch one single second of Bravo.

Draft saved Draft deleted