1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NBA draft/off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Pacers fanboi here too. Indiana built this team the hard way: never tanked, never picked that high in lotto, had guys like Hibbert and Stephenson achieve more than expected, made pledge to West who was coming off major injury, and obviously had George blossom into a star from outside the top 10 of the draft.

But any window this current team probably closed last spring and definitely slammed shut last night. Roster they have now seems pretty likely to be in that 35-win purgatory they had post-Pistons brawl.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's hard to read Vonnegut.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Needs more Yon Yonson.

4. Ha. I edited immediately...or tried to edit.

Damn baby roaming around here making me lose my mind. And iPhones are tricky.

Those are my excuses.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Watch for a huge push to immediately pull the plug on. NBA participation in international play.

The owners are going to take the attitude that if their multimillion-dollar properties are gonna get busted up in the offseason, it's gonna be while practicing for their NBA teams.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Poindexter doesn't see the sarcasm in this tweet:

Frank Isola -- @FisolaNYDN

But by all means, let's overreact to a horrific, freak accident. No More International Basketball For NBA Players!

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The internationalization of the NBA has done more to line the owners' pockets than the once-in-a-generation loss of a player for a season has done to hurt them.

It's a global product. That means on the world stage you show off your product.

Nothing will change. Nor should it. Shit happens.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think what the owners would like to see is some sort of "world championship" they can control/make money off of, like the World Baseball Championship, rather than line the pockets of the IOC. Perhaps even put an age limit on the Olympic rosters, like is done in soccer.

None of which prevents what happens to George, of course.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dave Dravecky

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Not to pick nits hab, but Dravecky's was an arm.......Not only was that gruesome, but it was very sad as well.

11. Some Reds pitcher had same arm break as Dravecky? Was it Tom Browning?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

missed the word leg. Just saw gruesome injury.

Draft saved Draft deleted