1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rainman, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bradley is "The Derek Jeter" of soccer.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Except Jeter is actually a legit Hall of Famer.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hulk just hasn't been the same since the political threads were eliminated at SportsJournalists.com ... :D

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Careful what you say or Hulk will smash.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to make of this game. I think the Dodgy Flapper will score one. Not sure about Messi.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Is there a reason the telecast started a full hour before kickoff? I'm guessing some people who set up their DVRs are going to be upset if they don't get a dramatic ending on their recording.

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/rihanna-summed-up-germanys-7-1-win-against-brazil-in-one-controversial-now-deleted-tweet/

Rihanna made a curious analogy to Germany's defeat of Brazil, now deleted from her Twitter feed.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm not sure what you mean. The allocated block starts a half hour early and runs the proper two hours. Should the game run into overtime, you should be smart enough to record an additional hour afterwards.

Wow...

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

ESPN has done this for every single game this tournament.

10. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Probably didn't have the effect Singapore's National Council on Problem Gambling had hoped for. First TV ad aired at halftime yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If the World Cup can last an entire month, the Olympics should be that long, too. More sports, more athletes, more competitions. Team sport tournaments (soccer, basketball, volleyball, etc.) could be spread out a little more and events could be staggered so there aren't so many at the same time.

And spreading things out might even help from a tourism and media standpoint.

Draft saved Draft deleted