1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LeBron and his talents are opting out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 24, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Apparently, LeBron loves Varejao, who is a solid player, but as you pointed out, he's getting older. There's also a rumor out there that they may try to trade for Hibbert, which, I don't know if would be a good thing or not.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

every team should play a home and home series, then seed the teams into a college baseball World Series type tourney of the top 16 teams. The players that dont make it to the tourney only earn a pro rata portion of the contract. In addition to a ring, each player on a winning team earns a share of $50 million. The losers get steak knives

NBA is largely boring, the talent is great but the competition isn't.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Block shots
    Rebound
    Catch
    Dunk

That is the resume for a center James needs to win is he goes to the Cans.

Shit, I would trade for Larry Sanders (or similar player) at a cheaper price tag than get for Hibbert. I know health is an issue, but you get the idea of the type of center the Cavs need and the Heat didn't have.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Would Cleveland now have cap space to go after Greg Monroe? How about getting a couple of young guys like a Jordan Hill along with somebody cheap like Epke Udoh or Cole Aldrich to platoon with Varejao?

They could wait for next year and try to get Marc Gasol.

5. RecoveringJournalist

AWoj just tweeted that LeBron reached out to two players joining him if he leaves Miami. Mike Miller was one, which makes sense. The second player wasn't named.

I still think Riley will prevent this from happening. Just a hunch.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I saw a headline somewhere that the Cavs were talking to Ray Allen.

7. RecoveringJournalist

That would make sense because Allen and Miller both could probably be signed pretty inexpensively.

8. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Moving trucks in Miami ...

[​IMG]

http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/07/09/moving-trucks-spotted-at-lebrons-miami-house/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

These T-shirts may be flying off the shelves soon in Cleveland.

[​IMG]

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

And how many of those fair-weather fans were burning LeBron jerseys and calling him a traitor in 2010?

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hey, LeBron had every reason to stay in Cleveland in 2010. They could have built the team around him. It just seems like a wuss to run off for a few years in the epitome of selfishness and then profess the desire to return. Why? For the benefit of the franchise, the city, the fans? Or to gratify your own ego because you think life is about to get harder with your current team?

12. RecoveringJournalist

I'm just waiting to find out someone sent them there as a prank.

Draft saved Draft deleted