1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite movie throwaway lines/scenes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

There's a little scene in Caddyshack, before Czervik fakes his injury to get out of the match, and he's just hacking his way along. He complains to Ty, who replies in a very understated way, "You're not....you're not good. You stink."

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

From Victory:

Brit officer to an escaping Stallone: "Wear your insignia. You don't want to be shot as a spy."
    Sly: "I don't want to be shot as anything."

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

In Rounders, when Worm goes on and on about how the saying must be true, that in the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the fuckin' rake.

Mike says something about "What the fuck are you talking about. What saying?"

Then Worm says, "I don't know. There ought to be one though."

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

True Lies: Upon arriving at the island in the Keys, Gib comments to Harry, "I thought this looked like your work."

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"This is Spinal Tap": They've just learned their show in Boston has been canceled.

"I wouldn't worry about it. It's not a big college town."

6. Key

Key Well-Known Member

"Welcome to the Goody Room."

And, it's "Leave the gun; take the cannoli."

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Down-and-out Dirk singing terribly in his new music career.
    Anybody who says Wahlberg has no acting chops should note the scene.
    He is playing a flat-out godawful music performer (which some argue he was).
    But it does take some talent to play the opposite of what you're fairly very good at.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sudden Impact: Harry has been ordered to take some time off. He is attacked by the punk he had called "dogshit" in the elevator a short while earlier. Harry turns the tables and causes the punk's car to crash into the harbour, killing everyone inside. The next morning, Harry watches with his boss as the car is hauled out of the harbour.

Boss: "Is this your idea of rest and relaxation?"

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Die Hard: "We're gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess."

Silver Streak: (When Gene Wilder makes himself up to look black to get past a security check point) Wilder: "We're never gonna get past the cops." Pryor: "Oh, we'll get past the cops, I just hope we don't see no Muslims."

Remember the Titans: "Sheryl Yoast: Coach Boone, you did a good job up here. You ran a tough camp from what I can see.
    Coach Boone: Well I'm very happy to have the approval of a 5 year old.
    Sheryl Yoast: I'm 9 and a half, thank you very much.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Some more of mine:

The Natural, after Roy gives back the money, the Judge is upset, but Gus says it won't matter because of his health, "and besides, we're $20,000 richer."

Spaceballs: "I'm trying to conduct a wedding here, which has nothing to do with love."

Hot Shots: the boxing scene, when Pope John Paul II gets introduced as a celebrity, and the announcer, like a lot of them do, repeats the last name: "Second!"

Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves: Robin rides the horse back into the wood, Azeem greets him with a shout for water. Robin thanks him, and Azeem replies, "For the animal."

11. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I love Kicking and Screaming. My favorite is when Max is putting away groceries, lifts a can out of the bag. "Who in the hell bought black eyed peas?" And ... "It's a detergent commercial, Otis. They're gonna get the stain out."

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

Couple more from Rocky II:

Gazzo to Rocky, just after the wedding in the church: "You should invest in condominiums. It's safe."

Rocky: "Condominiums?" (then whispers)... "I never use 'em."

The press conference scene to announce the rematch, when Paulie mouths off, "His lungs, he's gonna punch out" at Apollo.

Apollo: "Now who's that, Al Capone?"

The look on Rocky's face is hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted